Kaylene Power (08) 9273 6309 Kaylene.Power@scsa.wa.edu.au
In August 2019, the Board of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority amended the principles for setting the dates of the Year 12 ATAR course written examinations.
- Written examinations will commence on Monday of the week in which November 1 falls on a weekday; and Monday of the following week, when November 1 falls on a weekend.
- The written examination period will be for a period of approximately 15 weekdays.
- Large candidature examinations will be scheduled, where possible, in the first 10 days of the examination period.
- No practical examinations will be scheduled on the weekend immediately prior to the commencement of the written examinations.
It should be noted that the scheduled date range of Year 12 ATAR course written and practical examinations from year to year will not always fall in the same cycle of weeks of school terms.
2020 Year 12 ATAR course examinations
The 2020 Year 12 ATAR course written examinations are scheduled from:
Monday, 2 November to Friday, 20 November 2020.
The Year 12 ATAR course examination timetables will be available on this webpage on Wednesday, 10 June 2020. No information regarding the date of specific written examinations is available prior to this date.
The 2020 Year 12 ATAR course practical examinations are scheduled from:
Saturday, 26 September to Sunday, 18 October 2020. See the schedule below.
From Thursday, 10 September 2020, students will be able to download their Personalised written examinations timetable and Personalised practical examination timetable from the student portal at https://student.scsa.wa.edu.au/student-portal.
The Personalised written examinations timetable will contain the date, time and examination centre for the student’s written examinations. The Personalised practical examination timetable will contain the date, time, venue and location of the student’s practical examination.
2020 Year 12 ATAR course practical examinations schedule
- Saturday, 26 September to Sunday, 4 October (Saturday, Sunday and the public holiday included)
Aviation, Dance, Drama, Music and Physical Education Studies
- Saturday, 26 September to Sunday, 11 October (Saturday, Sunday and the public holiday included)
English as an Additional Language or Dialect (overseas schools)
- Saturday, 10 October
Chinese: Second Language, Indonesian: Second Language
- Saturday, 10 October and Sunday, 11 October
Japanese: Second Language
- Saturday, 10 October to Sunday, 18 October (Saturday and Sunday included)
English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Western Australian schools), French: Second Language, French: Background Language, German: Second Language, German: Background Language, Italian: Second Language and Italian: Background Language.
Schools will not be able to specify particular day/s for the practical examinations to be held for any student. Students from a school must be randomly allocated to examination times throughout all of the days allotted for a course. This process ensures anonymity for all candidates.
Schools are advised to plan activities such as school examinations, final-day assembly, graduation, valedictory dinners and leavers’ breakfast on dates other than those listed above.
Schools are requested to communicate the written and practical examination dates to students, teachers and parents. No allowance in the timetable can be made for holidays, work or personal arrangements.
The Year 12 ATAR course written examination scheduled date range for future years is:
2021 Monday, 1 November – Friday, 19 November
2022 Monday, 31 October – Friday, 18 November
2023 Monday, 30 October – Friday, 17 November