Kaylene Power (08) 9273 6309 Kaylene.Power@scsa.wa.edu.au
In April 2018, the Board of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority approved the following principles for the setting of the Year 12 ATAR course written examination dates:
- Written examinations will start during the week containing the first working day in November and will commence on a:
- Monday where the first working day in November falls on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Wednesday where the first working day in November falls on a Thursday or Friday.
- The written examination period will be for 15 working days.
- Large candidature examinations will be scheduled during the first 10 days of the examination period.
- No practical examinations will be scheduled on the weekend immediately prior to the commencement of the written examinations.
It should be noted that the scheduled date range of Year 12 ATAR course written and practical examinations from year to year will not always fall in the same cycle of weeks of the school terms.
2019 Year 12 ATAR course examinations
The 2019 Year 12 ATAR course written and practical examinations timetables are provided below.
From Thursday, 12 September 2019, students will be able to download their Personalised written examinations timetable and Personalised practical examination timetable from the student portal at: https://studentportal.scsa.wa.edu.au.
The Personalised written examinations timetable will contain the date, time and examination centre for the student’s written examinations. The Personalised practical examination timetable will contain the date, time, venue and location of the student’s practical examination.
2020 Year 12 ATAR course examinations
The 2020 Year 12 ATAR course written examinations are scheduled from:
Monday, 2 November to Friday, 20 November 2020.
The 2020 Year 12 ATAR course practical examinations are scheduled from:
Saturday, 26 September to Sunday, 18 October 2020. See the schedule below.
2020 Year 12 ATAR course practical examinations schedule
- Saturday, 26 September to Sunday, 4 October (Saturday, Sunday and the public holiday included)
Aviation, Dance, Drama, Music and Physical Education Studies
- Saturday, 26 September to Sunday, 11 October (Saturday, Sunday and the public holiday included)
English as an Additional Language or Dialect (overseas schools)
- Saturday, 10 October
Chinese: Second Language, Indonesian: Second Language
- Saturday, 10 October and Sunday, 11 October
Japanese: Second Language
- Saturday, 10 October to Sunday, 18 October (Saturday and Sunday included)
English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Western Australian schools), French: Second Language, French: Background Language, German: Second Language, German: Background Language, Italian: Second Language and Italian: Background Language.
Schools will not be able to specify particular day/s for the practical examinations to be held for any student. Students from a school must be randomly allocated to examination times throughout all of the days allotted for a course. This process ensures anonymity for all candidates.
Schools are advised to plan activities such as school examinations, final-day assembly, graduation, valedictory dinners and leavers’ breakfast on dates other than those listed above.
Schools are requested to communicate the written and practical examination dates to students, teachers and parents. No allowance in the timetable can be made for holidays, work or personal arrangements.
The Year 12 ATAR course written examination scheduled date range for future years is:
2021 Monday, 1 November – Friday, 19 November
2022 Monday, 31 October – Friday, 18 November
2023 Monday, 30 October – Friday, 17 November