Chinese: First Language
Chinese: First Language learning area contacts:
- Nadia Civa : +61 8 9273 6355 | Nadia.Civa@scsa.wa.edu.au
Interstate languages are accessed through the national Collaborative Curriculum and Assessment Framework for Languages (CCAFL) and interstate borrowing arrangements as part of the Western Australian Certificate of Education.
The Chinese: First Language ATAR course is designed for students with a cultural and linguistic background in Chinese. The course focuses on the interrelationship of language and culture, and further enhances the skills students possess to function in an increasingly globalised society and a culturally and linguistically diverse local community. Through engagement with the Chinese-speaking communities, locally and overseas, and through the study of contemporary texts, themes and issues, students strengthen their literacy skills in both the Chinese and English languages.Syllabus
- ATAR Year 12 sample assessment outline (494.9 KB) Last updated: 16 Jun 2016 2:56pm
- ATAR Year 12 sample assessment outline (351.4 KB)
- ATAR Year 12 sample course outline (360.1 KB)
- ATAR Year 12 sample course outline (386.1 KB) Last updated: 16 Jun 2016 3:03pm
- ATAR Year 11 sample assessment outline (343.6 KB)
- ATAR Year 11 sample assessment outline (239.2 KB) Last updated: 25 Jul 2018 2:29pm
- ATAR Year 11 sample course outline (348.3 KB)
- ATAR Year 11 sample course outline (369.1 KB) Last updated: 25 Jul 2018 2:30pm
ATAR Year 12 resources prescribed texts (Chinese and Literature - Department of Education NSW)
Please note the link below is an external link and is hosted on another website.
- 2020 CFL Written Examination Front Cover (266.3 KB) Last updated: 27 Aug 2020 9:59am
- Sample examination (553.3 KB) Last updated: 11 Jun 2020 11:42am
- Sample text booklet (618.1 KB) Last updated: 05 Feb 2020 3:14pm
The Chinese: First Language incorporates materials from the Chinese Background Speakers Stage 6 Syllabus; Chinese Language and Literature Course Prescriptions for Higher School Certificate 2019–2023; Assessment and Reporting in Background Speakers Stage 6 Courses: Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese and Korean © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2017.
In 2020, the Authority will be developing the examination for Chinese: First Language. Teachers are asked to review the modifications to the Examination design brief on page 14 of the revised syllabus.
Additional information and supporting documents including the NSW version of the syllabus and past examinations are available from the NSW Education Standards Authority http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/11-12/stage-6-learning-areas/stage-6-languages/literature/chinese-and-literature-syllabus
School Curriculum and Standards Authority contact:
Nadia Civa (08) 9273 6355