Japanese: Background Language
Japanese: Background Language learning area contacts:
- Lisa Djanegara : +61 8 9273 6382 | Lisa.Djanegara@scsa.wa.edu.au
Interstate languages are accessed through the national Collaborative Curriculum and Assessment Framework for Languages (CCAFL) and interstate borrowing arrangements as part of the Western Australian Certificate of Education.
The Japanese: Background Language ATAR course builds on and further develops a student’s language capability through engagement with the Japanese‐speaking communities, locally and overseas, and through the study of contemporary texts, topics and issues. The course affords students with a background in the language the opportunity to strengthen their personal connections to the Japanese language and culture. The course focuses on the interrelationship of language and culture, and further enhances the skills students possess to function in an increasingly globalised society, a culturally and linguistically diverse local community, and continues to build the foundation for life-long language learning. Relevant and engaging tasks, delivered through a range of appropriate topics, texts and issues, develop literacy in the Japanese language as well as extend literacy development in English.Syllabus
The grading teacher resources include the grade descriptions and annotated student work samples. The annotated student work samples are currently being developed and will be progressively uploaded during 2016/17.
- ATAR Year 12 sample assessment outline (245.0 KB) Last updated: 16 Jun 2016 3:20pm
- ATAR Year 12 sample assessment outline (351.5 KB)
- ATAR Year 12 sample course outline (359.6 KB)
- ATAR Year 12 sample course outline (270.3 KB) Last updated: 16 Jun 2016 3:00pm
- ATAR Year 11 sample assessment outline (347.5 KB)
- ATAR Year 11 sample assessment outline (255.1 KB) Last updated: 16 Jun 2016 3:23pm
- ATAR Year 11 sample course outline (356.0 KB)
- ATAR Year 11 sample course outline (277.8 KB) Last updated: 16 Jun 2016 3:34pm
The Japanese: Background Languages, incorporates material from the Japanese in Context (previously Heritage Japanese Stage 6) syllabus prepared by the New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) on behalf of the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Certification Authorities.
Additional information and supporting documents including the NSW version of the syllabus and past examinations are available from the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) website http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/11-12/stage-6-learning-areas/stage-6-languages
School Curriculum and Standards Authority contact:
Lisa Djanegara (08) 9273 6382